With Congress in recess for two weeks and many people enjoying spring break, we all get a welcome break from the hectic pace of space-related hearings and meetings. There are a few meetings of note, however, and they are listed below, but we have combined the weeks of April 2-6 and April 9-13, 2012 for this issue of Events of Interest.
Wednesday, April 4
Wednesday-Thursday, April 4-5
- National Research Council (NRC) Space Studies Board (SSB) and Aeronautics and Space Engineering Board (ASEB) meet jointly on Wednesday and separately on Thursday at the NRC's Keck Center, 500 5th Street, NW, Washington, DC
- Joint SSB-ASEB meeting, Wednesday, open sessions 9:45 am - 5:30 pm, room Keck 100
- SSB meeting, Thursday, open sessions, 8:30 am - 12:45 pm, room Keck 100
- ASEB meeting, Thursday, open sessions, 8:45 am - 3:00 pm room Keck 101
Thursday-Friday, April 5-6
- NOAA Science Advisory Board, Washington Plaza Hotel, 10 Thomas Circle, NW, Washington DC
- NOAA's Satellite Task Force is currently scheduled to provide an update on its activities at 3:30 pm on Thursday, check the agenda for possible updates
SpacePolicyOnline.com has the right (but not the obligation) to monitor the comments and to remove any materials it deems inappropriate.