Subscribe to Email Updates:
NASA Telecon on Science on Next ISS Cargo Mission, Feb 2017, virtual
08-Feb-2017 through 08-Feb-2017
NASA will hold a media teleconference on February 8, 2017 at 3:00 pm ET to discuss the International Space Station (ISS) research investigations that will be delivered to the ISS on the next SpaceX cargo mission, Commercial Resupply Services-10 (CRS-10). Launch is scheduled for February 14, 2017.
Audio of the teleconference will be available on the NASA Live website.
Briefing participants are:
- Danielle Gibson and Will Castro, students at Craft Academy at Morehead State University, to explain their experiment to use and evaluate smooth muscle cells to test theories about muscle contraction in the absence of gravity;
- Paul Reichart, associate principal scientist at Merck Research Laboratories, who will discuss a Merck investigation that tests growth in microgravity of antibodies important for fighting a wide range of human diseases;
- Michael Freilich, director of NASA’s Earth Science Division, to brief two Earth science payloads: NASA’s Stratospheric Aerosol Gas Experiment III mission and Lightning Imaging Sensor, which will provide continuity for key climate observations and data records;
- Ben Reed, deputy division director of the Satellite Servicing Projects Division at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, to discuss Raven, a technology demonstration to test autonomous rendezvous capability on the International Space Station; and
- Dr. Anita Goel, chairman and scientific director for Nanobiosym, to discuss an experiment to provide data valuable for antibiotic drug development.
« Go back